Subject: Re: Advanced Texture Mapping
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 11:27:34 -0500

>>>Actually Soft Image and ALIAS Power Animator both can use UV coordinates to
>>>manipulate textures on the model.
>>
>>As do many low cost packages like Truespace and 3DS. It's horrendous that
>>LW cannot and it is one of the many things I have requested for years and
>>years. But Allen has always been very resistant to implement it due to the
>>changes he felt it may impose on the object format.
>

If Allen is concerned that this would make LW objects incompatible with
earlier versions, why not have the option of saving either with UV info or
without? It's not a 100% solution, but I'm sure the response would be
overwhelmingly favorable anyway.

  
Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333